Craft Shows have become increasingly popular across the country, especially the Metro Detroit area. For the first time, Auburn Hills will be hosting a Holiday Craft Show downtown at the University Center on December 9th from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The Auburn Hills Downtown Development Authority is calling all artisans and crafters interested in being part of this inaugural event.
Craft shows are perfect for residents and visitors to buy affordable gifts for family members. This will also be able to function as a one-stop shop for people who are shopping, so we are looking for a wide range of products to be available for purchase.
Examples of acceptable holiday themed gifts would be anywhere from alpaca socks in colorful palettes, to festive jewelry and beautiful ornaments. The only exception at Artisans on Auburn is that no food products are allowed to be sold due to increasing allergy concerns. If you have any questions or would like to submit your crafts for approval, please use the contact below.
Artisans on Auburn guidelines:
- All items being sold must be handmade and sold by the artist/craft person or member of their family. No commercial products allowed in this show. The show coordinator reserves the right to limit the number of duplicate crafts.
- You must submit a photograph of a sample of the work intended to sell. The photograph does not need to show all items. Digital photographs may be accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to bring a table cloth feel free, if not we can provide one for you.
- Vendors are required to be present at their booth at all times. Vendor displays are required to be displayed until the end of the show. No early breakdown. Vendor areas must be kept clean during the event.
- The fee is $45.00 for a 6ft table and two chairs. This is an indoor event.
- No refund for the application fee will be issued unless the application is not accepted or the event is canceled by the City of Auburn Hills
- The City of Auburn Hills reserves the right to assign vendor space. Space is limited.
- You will receive follow-up information upon receipt of your application accepting or rejecting your application. Accepted applications will receive an information packet approximately one-week prior to the show. The packet will contain maps, assigned space, parking instruction, and any last minute details. Applications will be accepted until spaces are full.
- If you have any questions, call Sam Seimer at 248-364-6806, Mon-Fri 8:00 am-5:00 pm.
Madison Kubinski, Downtown Event Specialist