It is that time of year again! DPW once again plans to hire seasonal staff to help out with providing various services. Generally, we plan to advertise through March, interview in April, and start the seasonal staff in May.
Whether you are seeking a second job, a part-time position while you are in school, or looking for a full-time challenging position, the City of Auburn Hills offers flexible opportunities for everyone. Our seasonal workers get to enjoy a variety of assignments while working throughout the City. Best of all, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the community!
What we are looking for in candidates?
- Safety: Looking for safety conscious individuals that have a desire and focus to perform the work safely, properly, and with attention to detail.
- Team Player: Being a strong team player is essential to ensuring success in this job category. In working together you will be able to achieve common goals and positive outcomes.
- Passion for the City of Auburn Hills: Contribute to making the City a great place to live and see the direct impact your effort at work makes on the community.
- Ambition: These jobs include an element of fun, but also require a motivated hardworking attitude to succeed day-in and day-out.
- Customer Service Driven: Most jobs in this category work with the public, serving their needs in a positive way. A commitment to offering exceptional service in these roles is a primary responsibility.
Aaron Stahly, Deputy Public Works Director