Singing songs about worms and pickles, having fun dancing and singing outside, learning to be healthy and kind through music is what kids will be doing in Auburn Hills this summer at the Children’s Music Series! The Auburn Hills Downtown Development Authority and Recreation Department are pleased to present the summer Children’s Music Series lineup for 2020. This is a new music series that we are excited to host this year on Wednesdays from 11:00 AM – 12:00 noon at the Knight Amphitheater, sponsored by the DDA.
Wednesday, July 8 – Kevin Devine
Kevin Devine is an award-winning children’s entertainer, songwriter, and recording artist specializing in rollicking, participatory concerts for children and families full of sing-alongs and dancing!
Wednesday, July 15 – Zippity 2 Dads
Zippity2Dads was formed in 2005, and is the brain-child of founding members Shawn Ryskamp, of Oxford, MI, and Tagg Smith, of Waterford, MI. Shawn, an accomplished vocalist, actor and writer, has performed and entertained worldwide. Tagg is a talented singer, songwriter, musician and actor, and has recorded a solo piano CD. With seven children between them, Shawn and Tagg know the formula for keeping children entertained. Their “non-parent annoying” music is an exciting mixture of styles and influences, ranging from blues to rap. It is catchy, up-beat, and a lot closer to the Beatles than Barney.
Wednesday, July 22 – Rick and Dayna’s Playhouse
Rick and Dayna perform a high energy musical performance taking music, dancing, games and contests and roll it into one awesome party! All year long they draw family crowds with their interactive show. They sing Disney classics as well as current pop (G-rated only). You’ll be doing the limbo, chicken dance, cha-cha slide and more! Fun for kids of all ages.
Wednesday, July 29 – Joe Reilly
Joe Reilly is a singer, songwriter, social worker, and educator who writes songs from his heart. Joe’s songs are playful, clever, engaging, joyful, and always have something meaningful to say. The core of his message is an invitation to heal relationships with ourselves, with each other, and with the earth.
Kids of all ages are welcome to come get their wiggles out at this year’s Children’s Music Series! Downtown restaurants are open too, so feel free to stay in town for lunch, enjoy a cold beverage, or play on our new playground at Riverside Park.
Per Governor’s orders, safety protocols will be in place:
- People who are not in the same household are to follow the 6′ social distancing guidelines.
- Sections will be marked off in the Knight Amphitheater seating area as well as on the plaza.
- Stairs will be one direction (up or down) only and will be marked.
- Restrooms will be open and patrons will be asked to social distance with limited capacity in the restrooms and wash hands.
- Signage will be posted reminding all patrons to social distance around Knight Amphitheater, including the dancing area, on the playground and in the park.
- Drinking fountains will be closed, so please plan to bring your own water.
- Please be respectful and responsible for yourself and others in your party so that all may enjoy our Children’s Music Series this summer.
We look forward to seeing all of our friends and neighbors at the Children’s Music Series this summer!
Sage Hegdal, Recreation Director and Brandon Skopek, Director of Authorities