The City Clerk’s Office has been hard at work issuing absentee voter (AV) ballots to voters who have submitted an “Application for an AV Ballot.”
When voting your ballot, remember that this is a Primary Election. You cannot “split your ticket” during a Primary Election. This means that you may only vote in one party section. Be sure to maintain the same party section when you flip to page two of the ballot. (Note: During the November Election, you are allowed to vote for multiple parties.)
When you are done voting, remember to sign and seal the envelope before returning it to the Clerk’s Office!
AV ballots can be returned using one of the drop boxes at City Hall or through the mail. If you mail your ballot, you will need to use two stamps ($0.70).
Important Dates/Times for Absentee Ballots
- Absentee ballots can be mailed to you until 5:00 PM on the Friday prior to the election. (7/31/20)
- The City Clerk’s office will be open on the Saturday prior to the election from 7:00 AM until 3:00 PM for issuing absentee ballots. (8/1/20)
- Absentee ballots can be issued to registered voters until 4:00 PM on the day before the election. (8/3/20)
- A voter who registers to vote on Election Day by appearing in person at the Clerk’s Office is eligible to obtain an absentee ballot until 8:00 PM on Election Day. (8/4/20)
- We must receive your absentee ballot by 8:00 PM on Election Day (8/4/20)
NOTE: If you prefer to vote in person, the polls will be open on Election Day (8/4/20) from 7:00 AM -8:00 PM.
Track your absentee ballot – www.michigan.gov/vote
Apply for an absentee ballot – www.auburnhills.org/AVballot
View a sample ballot – www.auburnhills.org/sampleballot
Laura Pierce, City Clerk