There is nothing more magical than watching a tree light up for the first time as the holiday season begins! Downtown Auburn Hills will be bustling with activity on Friday, December 3rd as we celebrate the 28th annual Tree Lighting Ceremony!
As part of the ceremony, one child will be given the honor of coming up on stage to help the Mayor and Santa Claus flip the switch to light up the Christmas tree. Who is chosen for this important honor? The winner of the creative writing contest!
What do elves do on their day off? What happens when a gingerbread cookie jumps out of the oven? What is it like to be a magical snowman? Let your imagination take the lead as you write a story about these fun and funny holiday characters. Entries must be post-marked or e-mailed by Monday, November 22nd.
Mail entries to:
City of Auburn Hills Recreation Department
Attn: Sage Hegdal
1827 N. Squirrel Road
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Or e-mail entries to email@example.com
Whether you win the contest or not, we hope you will join us for the Tree Lighting Ceremony on December 3rd!
6:00 PM – Event Begins
6:15 PM – Tree Lighting Ceremony Begins
6:30 – 9:00 PM
- Visits with Santa and Mrs. Claus – Photos by Waterhouse Photography (The Den)
- Holiday Craft (The Den)
- S’mores (Outside the Den)
- Live Ice Sculpting (Auburn Road)
- Live Reindeer (Auburn Road)
- Christmas Caroling (Auburn Road)
- Detroit Mini Donut Food Truck (Auburn Road)
- Coffee, Hot Chocolate and Cookies (Auburn Road)
- Live Music and Storytelling Performances (University Center)
- Live Winter Character Performances from Snow Queen, Ann, and Ollie (University Center)
- Christmas Wagon Rides Around Town (near the Den at Primary Street)
Sage Hegdal, Recreation Director